Project 5 Loaves & 2 Fishes (or P5L2F) is a community event where we invite our neighbours to come by the church to pick up food and essential household items that they might need.
This initiative is about being a blessing to the community and meeting potential needs while also being an avenue of outreach – to engage and connect with those who come by. We plan to do this every 2 months. As a church, this is a small and simple way of how we can help those who are struggling to make ends meet, especially given the current pandemic situation.
Read our article to find out more about the first Project 5 Loaves & 2 Fishes event that was held on 18 Dec 2021.
Upcoming Project 5 Loaves & 2 Fishes Event
Date: 17 June 2023 (Saturday)
Time: From 12pm to 3pm (or until supplies run out)
Where: Kampong Kapor Methodist Church – Level 1
Donate food & essential items
Collection dates: 4 and 11 June (Sundays) , 8am to 2pm, at KKMC Social Hall, L1
- As our community profile is generally more elderly, please purchase smaller portions so that it is easier to carry, and select low-sugar options.
- Please ensure all items have at least 3 months to expiry and are unopened/unused.
- Please refrain from purchasing in bulk or large quantities to ensure food stays as fresh as possible.
- Please only donate items listed below.
- Body Wash
- Hand Soap
- Milo (Gao Siew Dai, 3-in-1)
- Tea (Lipton, Ginger Tea, Milk Tea)
- Baked Beans (Ayam Brand)
- Fresh Bread* (If you are donating fresh bread, please arrange for it to be sent/delivered to the church on 16 June)
- White Rice (2.5kg)
- Brown Rice (2.5kg)
- Basmati Rice (1kg)
- Cooking Oil (Canola Oil, Vegetable Oil)
If you are using PayNow, key in KKMC’s UEN number S87CC0537K and indicate P5L2F in the remarks or notes.
If you wish to drop off/send a cheque, please write a cheque to Kampong Kapor Methodist Church and indicate P5L2F at the back of the cheque.
If you are dropping off cash in the offering box after service, please place the money in an envelope and indicate P5L2F on the envelope.
You can volunteer your time to be available to engage and connect with our neighbours who come by the church on the day of the event.