Project 5 Loaves & 2 Fishes (or P5L2F) is a community event where we invite our neighbours to come by the church to pick up food and essential household items that they might need.
This initiative is about being a blessing to the community and meeting potential needs while also being an avenue of outreach – to engage and connect with those who come by. We plan to do this every 2 months.
As a church, this is a small and simple way of how we can be engaged in Loving Outreach, by helping those who are struggling to make ends meet, especially given the current pandemic situation.
Upcoming Project 5 Loaves & 2 Fishes Event on 18 Dec 2021
Date: 18 Dec 2021 (Saturday)
Time: From 12 noon to 3pm
Where: Kampong Kapor Methodist Church – Level 1
You can participate by either donating food and essential items, cash or by being a volunteer.
Donate food & essential items
Collection dates are 4 Dec (Sat) 12 noon to 3pm, 5 Dec (Sun) full day, and 8 Dec (Wed) 12 noon to 3pm.
- Please donate only items within this list.
- As our community profile is generally more elderly, please purchase smaller portions so that it is easier to carry, and select low-sugar options.
- Please ensure all items have at least 3 months to expiry and are unopened/unused.
- Please refrain from purchasing in bulk or large quantities to ensure food stays as fresh as possible.
- 3-in-1 coffee powder
- Bee Hoon
- Biscuits (preferably softer ones)
- Bread spread (Kaya, Peanut Butter, Jam)
- Canned condensed milk
- Canned mushrooms
- Canned soup
- Canned tuna
- Cooking oil (preferably Canola Oil or Sunflower Oil)
- Dishwashing liquid
- Fresh milk (UHT pack)
- Instant noodles
- Instant oats
- Packet drinks (UHT pack)
- Rice (small pack) – either white or brown
Cash donations will be used to purchase the food and essential items listed above.
- If you are using PayNow, key in KKMC’s UEN number S87CC0537K and indicate P5L2F in the remarks or notes.
- If you are using Internet banking, please refer to the instructions on the Give page and indicate P5L2F in the reference field.
- If you wish to drop off/send a cheque, please write a cheque to Kampong Kapor Methodist Church and indicate P5L2F at the back of the cheque.
- If you are dropping off cash in the offering box after service, please place the money in an envelope and indicate P5L2F on the envelope.
PayNow / Internet banking transfer is preferred.
You can volunteer your time to be available to engage and connect with our neighbours who come by the church on the day of the Project 5 Loaves & 2 Fishes event.
Stay tuned to find out how you or your LifeGroup can volunteer.
Please register via the link below if you intend to donate food and essential items or cash.